Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lemme get that egg drank, thanks!


If I blind folded you and walked you into Copa D' Oro, I don't think you'd have any idea that the Santa Monica 3rd Street Promenade was just around the corner. Consider this spot a hideaway from the otherwise busy tourist scene near the location. The underground, small-town vibe from the cocktail joint is the perfect place to be if you have the post-weekend blues because they have $5 Happy Hour specials all night on Mondays. In fact, I came in on a Monday evening and it provided me with a much needed chill atmosphere.


Copa D' Oro guarantees quality cocktails sourcing fresh organic driven produce from local farmers and premium products from around the globe. Definitely, definitely try the Pisco Sour! It's name is not entirely accurate since the drink was not that sour but actually delivered a sweet, smooth taste. Curated with pisco, fresh lime juice, and pasteurized egg white, the Pisco Sour defintely stands out among its peers. (Quite honestly, I just wanted to see how an egg white served in a cocktail would taste like.) The Moon Goddess cocktail was probably my second favorite of the night, consisting of St. Germain, Fresh Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice & Prosecco. All in all, I appreciated the fact that the drinks weren't kicking in too strong since, may I remind you, it was a Monday night.

The grilled paninis on LaBrea Bakery Sourdough were also great to snack on while I sipped on my carefully crafted drinks. The primavera panini oozed with the goodness of roasted tomatoes, basil pesto, and mozzarella. I also ordered the "House Made Lemon Artichoke Spread, Made with Straus Dairy Cream & Gorgonzola Dolce" as an appetizer. My stomache was satisfied with just the right amount of oomph to make my Monday a little bit brighter.


So if you want to just rest your body&mind at a nice little lounge after work, want to vicariously live as a New York hipster, or if you just want the chance to say "Lemme get that egg drank!" please invite me to hangout at Copa D' Oro next Monday :)

--C.H.

Tweet @Copa D'Oro and tell them you think #FooodIsGoood


Copa d'Oro on Urbanspoon




No comments:

Post a Comment